Down the Trail to Somewhere Crossbody
I don't make a ton of crossbody bags, but this is a one-of-a-kind piece that came to be one day in the studio when inspiration struck to do something fully handstitched. Followed that urge down the trail...
- structured, black veg-tanned leather crossbody
- brass magnetic closure
- compartment is 10" x 6" x 3"
- button stud adjustable 3/4" strap (19-21" shoulder drop)
- fully handstitched with black-waxed thread
- interior zippered leather pocket for small items
- brass hardware
- stamped on front with Life on Mars Goods logo
This classic black leather crossbody is made from a firm bodied, black, vegetable-tanned leather, tanned in a 200 year-old tannery in Sweden. Vegetable-tanned leather does not contain the chrome or other harmful heavy metals of widely-used, chrome-tanned leather, which can be dangerous for workers, you, and the planet. Veg-tanned leather ages more beautifully and maintains the integrity of the hide.
Handmade by a real person, in Chicago.