Burma Ziggy Backpack Tote - Grey
The Burma collection is currently a limited edition of one-of-a-kind totes. Each vegetable-tanned leather tote is handcrafted with a portion of textile, handwoven by women in Burma. Through delicate and time-consuming craftswomanship, they create regionally specific patterns in cotton and wool. This work is an important source of income for their families. This version has pull-through straps that allow it to be worn as a tote or a backpack.
- dimensions: 14" H, 14" W, 4" D
- chrome-free, naturally veg-tanned ltalian leather
- woven panel, handmade by women in Burma
- solid brass hardware
- buckle adjustable, brown leather straps
- denim lining
- Can be worn as a backpack or over the shoulder as a tote
- 14" red and brass YKK zipper top closure
- internal canvas 8W" x 6"H pocket
- solid brass feet
- key leash
- front of bag and tote stamped with Life on Mars Goods logo
No two totes will be exactly the same - each created around the colors and design of the portion of weaving, with which I begin. I aim to honor their creativity by making each a special piece, with an identity of its own.
Life on Mars Goods is a sustainable maker, dedicated to using natural materials, and finding less toxic, more environmentally-friendly alternatives to many of the synthetic products found in fast fashion bags and accessories. My aim is to offer products that last you for years and shorten the distance between us with the natural world.
Handmade by a real person in Chicago.